QB Derek Carr Jersey #4 Leads Raider Nation To Winning Again
The Oakland Raiders are one of the most popular, and essentially the most hated, teams within the National Football League. The fans of the team feel there could be something genuine in the legendary silver and black mystique that surrounds it. The team has long been a part of many of the most memorable plays and games in pro football history. Legend has it that many rules, from the rule prohibiting the use of Stick-um to the rule regarding using the helmet for being weapon, were implement specifically due to Oakland Raiders. There could be an excellent deal known in regards to the franchise, but listed below are five things you might not learn about the Oakland Raiders.
1. Raiders running back Marcus Allen was the first player in the past no matter the NFL to gain greater than 10,000 yards rushing and greater than 5,000 yards receiving during his career.
2. When it occurs that Raiders head coach John Madden retired from coaching he had coached in the league for 10 years, won a Super Bowl ring, would eventually be voted into your Pro Football Hall of Fame, and was the youngest coach ever to achieve 100 victories. Amazingly, he was also just 42 years old.
3. The Raiders franchise is the one NFL team to succeed championships within the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s.
4. Through the team's second season of join 1961, the Oakland Raiders played their house games the actual bay in San Francisco's Candlestick Park.
5. The Raiders Super Bowl XV win over the Philadelphia Eagles allowed them to become the first Wild Card team ever to win the massive game.
From the sometimes strange and many times near genius moves and techniques of Al Davis to the team's coaches and players, the personalities surrounding the Raiders tend to be a big portion of team. A few of the more famous players which have worn the silver and black include Jim Otto, Fred Biletnikoff, George Blanda, Willie Brown, Art Shell, Gene Upshaw, Marcus Allen, Ted Hendricks, Howie Long, Mike Haynes, Dave Casper, Lyle Alzado, Randy Moss, Jim Plunkett, Lester Hayes, Ray Guy, Pete Banaszak, Cliff Branch, Tim Brown, Bo Jackson, Rocket Ismail, Jerry Rice, Warren Sapp, Otis Sistrunk, Ken Stabler, Jack Tatum, Greg Townsend, Daryle Lamonica, Todd Christensen, Kerry Collins, Tom Flores, John Matuszak, Mark Van Eeghen, Rich Gannon, Tyrone Wheatley, Charles Woodson, Matt Millen, and Bob Golic.
With the Best Head coach & coaching staff, players and QB Derek Carr look no further very simple to see precisely how the Raiders have made the mark on the National Football League. The Oakland Raiders are among the irreplaceable franchises within the NFL, and to discover the feel inspired by them or hate them, the league is happier because of the existence.